This page explains the terms and conditions for using our E-Banking Service and provides certain disclosures and information to you concerning the service. Each of your accounts at Quad Cities Postal Credit Union is also governed by the applicable account disclosure/agreement and Truth In Savings disclosure you received when you opened your account.
How To Access Your Accounts:
To access your accounts through our E-Banking service, you must have your account number and an E-Banking password. This information is requested when you enter our E-Banking pages.
The password that is used to gain access to your information should be kept confidential, just as you would keep other PIN numbers and security codes confidential. For your protection we recommend that you change your E-Banking access password regularly. It is recommended that you memorize this password and do not write it down. You are responsible for keeping your password, account numbers and other account data confidential. If you believe that your password may have been lost or stolen, or that someone has transferred or may transfer money between your accounts without your permission, notify Quad Cities Postal Credit Union at once at (309) 797-1414.
You cannot use E-mail to initiate transactions, change information or inquire on your account (s). We will not respond to these types of requests via E-mail since we cannot be certain we are corresponding with you. Please use the appropriate functions within our E-Banking service, call (309) 797-1414 or visit the credit union for these functions.
To get an initial password for the E-Banking service, visit the credit union office or call us at (309) 797-1414.
There is currently no fee for accessing your account(s) through our E-Banking service. We reserve the right impose / change the fee amount, if necessary, after providing 30 days notice to all users at the E-Banking login page and/or e-mail address.
Your Internet service provider (ISP) probably charges you a fee to access the Internet via its server. We have no control over ISP related fees.
Available Services and Limitations: The following functions may be performed by members through the service:
- Transfers: You may transfer funds between your Share or Loan Accounts as the account agreements may allow. Transfers done through the service DO NOT immediately charge or credit your account. TRANSFERS WILL BE EFFECTIVE BY THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY AFTER THE DATE OF SUCH TRANSACTION but may occur sooner.
- Account Balances: You may view your share and loan account balances. Because the main credit union computer system is not connected to the Internet, it is possible that some transactions that affect these balances, and have been processed by the credit union, are not yet included in the balance at the time you view it. In addition, there may be drafts written against your balance, or other electronic items such as debit card transactions, that have not yet been presented to the credit union for payment.
- Transaction history: You may view the transaction history for any loan or share account. Because the main credit union computer system is not connected to the Internet, it is possible that some transactions are not yet included in the history at the time you view it even though they may have been processed by the credit union. The main credit union computer system is always the official record of account history. The E-Banking service may be updated several times per day for your convenience in viewing account activity.
- Password Changes: If you are an E-Banking user, you may change your password at any time from within the E-Banking section. For your protection we recommend that you change your E-Banking password regularly.
- Check orders: You may reorder checks and/or view and order new check styles available through the credit union. We will not process check order requests if you do not have a checking account at the credit union.
- Check search: You may search for drafts that have cleared your account. You may also list clearings by date cleared or by check number. The oldest check available will vary but dates will go back, at a minimum, to your last regular statement date.
- Additional Services: From time to time, we will announce additional services which are available through our E-Banking. Your use of these services will constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions presented at the time they are announced. We reserve the right to limit access or cancel on-line access at any time.
Our business days are Monday through Friday. Holidays are not included.
Operating Systems and Security:
Our E-Banking site is designed to operate using world wide web technologies and protocols which are adaptable to a wide range of systems. The E-Banking section uses SSL encryption and requires a browser with a current (unexpired) Thawte Root CA Security Certificate. Some older browsers may not be able to connect to the site without first updating the browser security certificate. Our server uses 40 to 128 bit encryption, depending on the user's browser.
The cookie we set will 'time out' your access authority to our E-Banking section. Until it times out, you can come back to our E-Banking without logging in. After the time out period, you will need to log in again. Remember, most browsers will let you use a BACK button to view previously visited documents, even if your viewing authority has expired. For this reason, the only way to keep others from viewing your account balance is to exit the browser when you are finished with your session. The best way is to completely close out of the Internet entirely, so the next person to get on will have to start with a new connection and a new browser. This is especially important if you are using a public or shared computer.
Our E-Banking database is a private system operated for the exclusive use of our members. We use SSL encryption and digital server authentication to insure the privacy of your information when sending data between our E-Banking server and your PC.
All E-Banking logins are logged by the server. For authenticated members who use E-Banking , we collect and store certain information such as how often you visit the E-Banking section, dates and times of visits and which pages are being used. We use this information for internal review and product evaluation only. We never sell, transfer or trade this information unless we are compelled to do so by law.
We may gather and store additional information available to us on failed login attempts and other activity we consider a threat to our system. In these cases, we will share this information with other companies, agencies and law enforcement officials as we determine necessary or as we are required by law.
Liability for Unauthorized Transfers:
Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your password has been lost or stolen and immediately change your password from within the E-Banking section. Calling is the best way to notify us immediately. You could lose all the money in your account. If you tell us within two (2) business days, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your password without your permission.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
If a good reason kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
If you believe your password has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call:
Quad Cities Postal Credit Union
4502 27th Street, Moline, IL 61265-6311
All transactions generated by you through our E-Banking service and any E-Banking fees will appear on your monthly or quarterly statement.
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement/disclosure with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer;
- If the E-Banking equipment or software was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer; If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood or power failure) prevent the transfer despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
We shall not be responsible for any other loss, damage or injury whether caused by the equipment, software and/or the E-Banking service, nor shall we be responsible for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising in any way out of the installation, use or maintenance of your equipment, software and/or service, except where the law requires a different standard. We do not make any warranties concerning the equipment, the software or any part thereof, including, without limitations, any warranties of fitness for a particular purpose or warranties of merchantability.
Errors and Questions:
In case of errors or questions about your electronic transfers, telephone us at (309) 797-1414 or write us at 4502 27th Street, Moline, IL 61265-6311 as soon as you can. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after you learn of the error. You will need to tell us:
- Your name and account number
- Why you believe there is an error and the dollar amount involved
- Approximately when the error took place.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days. We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten (10) business days and correct any error promptly. If we need more time, we may take up to forty-five (45) days to investigate the complaint, but you will have the use of the funds in question after the ten (10) business days. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not credit your account during the investigation.
We will notify you with the results within three (3) business days of completing our investigation. If we decide there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may request copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
If you need more information about our error resolution procedures, call us at the telephone number shown above.